20081026

Queer Eye for the Gay Straight

CORE-RELATE!

A few hours ago, I had the privilege of joining my D-group (discipleship group) in visiting an event organized by our church's Living Free Ministry. The event, "Taking the Straight Journey," was a retreat for people with homosexual tendencies. I was truly blessed by the good number of gay and lesbian people who went to the retreat. Whatever reason they had for joining, I just knew in my heart that such an event was a milestone for humble souls.

Let me make it clear that I am not "anti-gay" or "anti-lesbianism," but I DO NOT condone the indiscretions that bespeak of homosexuality. I think that most of you will agree with me that even if not all same-sex relationships are of the sexual kind, most of them are interlaced with sexual practices that are "beyond normal."

You might say, hey wake up, its 2008 and things have changed. Same-sex marriage (and divorce) is already a widely-exercised legal privilege in California and only God knows which states (or countries) will follow suit.

Yeah, you're right. Things have changed. Global warming is a continuing issue that's as hot as the next celebrity who's "coming out of the closet." Even "tough guys" wear pink nowadays and it's really to one's own disadvantage if he doesn't know how to think out of the box.

"Out of the box." Inasmuch as we can't put God inside a box when we pray, we also cannot think "out of the box," when it comes to obeying His commandments. Sin is a sin when it comes to God and even if He isn't a cosmic kill-joy nor legalistic, He makes it very clear that He "disciplines those he loves." (Proverbs 3:12) And God's design for sex or copulation is between a male and a female.

As I grow deeper in my faith walk, knowing more about God, His nature, His love and His promises, I learn to appreciate the Ten Commandments more. It seems much easier nowadays to consider that they aren't really so difficult to follow. Of course, I still have the tendency to sin but obeying God's commands now is more exciting and much doable for me because I know that the "rod of correction," is actually a blessing in disguise if I ever give in to sin. But, of course, I choose to avoid sin at all costs, knowing that God's discipline (although borne out of His love), is something not to be taken lightly. The penalty for sin is death and the salvation of one's soul is a free gift that doesn't come cheap because innocent Life has been shed for it.

I am honored - blessed - to see transformed people in the retreat, knowing that not only have they chosen the "road less-traveled," but they are also sharing the kind of peace and satisfaction that they received when they came to know -- and accepted -- their own sinfulness and surrendered their lives to the lordship of Jesus Christ. Sure, they may be a little more in touch with their hearts than your "average joe," or may be a little tougher than the "next-door girl," but as they have decided to "take the straight journey" of living a purposeful, Christ-centered life, they are now living their lives, not being the kind of gay that most people in this world perceive, but a human being who's gay in the Lord because he has Jesus in his heart, looking forward to a promising future that God has planned for His children.

"Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of our spirits and live! Our fathers disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, that we may share in his holiness. No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it." -- Hebrews 12:9-11


Now here's a question you may want to 'research' on: "Can a person who calls himself a Christian remain homosexual?" You may be surprised to find that the answer, the Truth, has been there all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback but NO SPAM please. Thanks for core-relating! :)

my archives..