20120701

Devo on a Devo: Worship waters down weariness.


"The devil's plan is to keep you so busy and distracted from the primary issues of life that you live a run-down, worn-out existence rather than an abundant life. The devil does not tempt you with blatant evil but with things that seem good. Satan will use something that appears momentarily good to call you away from God's best for your life. What good thing is distracting you from God's best today? Good things may wear you down, but God's best will always strengthen you and bring peace to your life. Often when I am feeling overwhelmed, I declare to the devil and all of his wimpy nincompoops, "You are not going to wear me down - I am going to wear you down with worship and the Word of God!" - Carol McLeod, 'Holy Emotions -Biblical Responses to Every Challenge'

Read my take on this in YouVersion.com - http://bible.us/n/TKAc Devo on a Devo: Worship waters down weariness.

pressing on in Christ,
ancore!

"Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 3:13-14, NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback but NO SPAM please. Thanks for core-relating! :)

my archives..