20100313

Don't Mind the (Political) Ads

CORE-RELATE!

Geez. I have a 'problem' with ads on my blog. I don't mind ads per se. I just don't like those "candidate" ads. Don't mind them, please. I am not in the least endorsing any presidential candidate. I am praying for a president-to-be but I am not campaigning for any one of them.

Anyway, none of us is spared from problems and I've learned the hard way. But God is so good, for these days, I don't even know what it "feels" to be problematic. There are bills and debts to be paid, our rent payment is only up until April so we have to transfer before May, my mom has a myriad of sicknesses, I have mitral valve prolapse, my uncle has myeloma, I don't have my own room, my nephew doesn't have a nanny... If I think of all these things (and countless other 'small' stuff) and burden myself with them, I probably won't be able to smile. But what's amazing is, I am able to encourage and comfort those who need to be encouraged and comforted. I am able to provide 'help' to those who need some kind of 'help' and most of all, I am able to laugh a hearty laugh in the midst of everything. I am able, not on my own, but only with Him and through Him who enables me.

Contrary to skeptics, I am not in denial. My eyes are very much open to the realities all around me -- even the earthquakes that have been happening around the globe, and the incessant corruption and mudslinging that some politicians resort to just to lift themselves up. I am aware of the high rate of AIDS in BPOs in the Philippines, particularly call centers, the very industry I'm involved in. I see the increasing rate of gays, lesbians and transgendered people all over the metro. I see non-married individuals dating married people. Expletives are considered part of the language, drinking and smoking is the norm. Telling a lie is acceptable.

I know all these, yet there's still much more that I do not know. But I choose not to fret over what I don't know and choose not to sweat over what I do know.

I am a CHRISTian. Although this puts me in a 'position' to rebuke those who also call themselves Christians, this doesn't put me in a position to condemn nor judge anyone. My "human job description," as Max Lucado puts it, is to "reflect God's glory," and is, to usher people - souls - to Heaven through two simple rules: to Love God above all and to love others as I love myself. Loving others as myself is quite difficult, I admit, but as I learn to love God more each day, the more I learn how to love others as He loves me.

I am in an Open Relationship with JESUS and this, I'd like to clarify, not for my sake but for the sake of my God who forgave me, healed me, and released me from my self-made prison of sin: God sent His only Son, JESUS CHRIST, as atoning sacrifice for ALL the sins I've committed. He covered me with His precious blood and when I called out to Him for forgiveness and help, He welcomed me with open arms, washed me clean and gave me a new heart. He loves my soul and He renews me everyday. He hears my prayers and though He doesn't always answer them the way I want, He enables me to trust Him without a shadow of doubt that He knows a lot better than I do and that He is in control. He continues to assure me that the Father's faithfulness never fails and His mercies are new every morning. What He says, He does. What He promises, He fulfills.

GOD wants YOU to have a meaningful and abundant life in Him as well! He has a wonderful plan for YOUR life, and He wants to have a relationship with YOU, through His Son, JESUS Christ, who is The Way, The Truth and the Life, for no one comes to God except through Him.

More to welcoming ANYone in this Open Relationship, my deepest desire is for YOU, if you're not in a relationship with JESUS yet, to get up close and personal with JESUS as well. It's as simple as ABC: Admit that you've messed up your life - that you're a sinner and you can't save yourself. Believe that God's Son, JESUS, died for YOU because He loves you and you need Him to save you. Choose and claim God's forgiveness and His gift of eternal life and walk closely with Him, obeying Him, from this day forward.

Your prayer can be something like this:
"Dear Jesus, You know all things and You know me a lot better than I know myself. I believe I've messed up so many times and right now, I ask You to forgive me for my doubts, my worries and fears and for doing things my way instead of Your way. I am a loser without You and so I now turn away from my sins. I cannot do this alone. Thank You for dying on the Cross for me, for shedding your blood for my sins, for showing me there is life after death. I now receive You into my heart as my LORD and Savior and claim Your gift of eternal life. Help me to be the kind of person that You want me to be."

GOD knows your heart. The 'secret' is not in the prayer itself but is in you - in your faith that God has, indeed, forgiven you and has given you a new slate TODAY. It all starts from there. What to do next? Tell someone about it and let's celebrate!

"If anyone is in CHRIST, he is a new creation; the old is gone, the new has come!" 2 Corinthians 5:17

As for all the politicians and candidates for government offices out there, let me exhort you with the words of the Teacher in Ecclesiastes 12:13-14: "Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback but NO SPAM please. Thanks for core-relating! :)

my archives..