20090707

NEW BALANCE

CORE-RELATE!
I am not really brand conscious but "NewBalance" is my favorite brand of running apparel. Aside from the fact that I cannot afford Nike, it never fails to remind me of the very thing that I strive for these days.

While exchanging a string of Twitter DMs (direct messages) with my sister this afternoon, I came to this conclusion: lotsa prayers + some work = balance. It was the resultant formula of "lotsa work + no prayers = meaning-less; lotsa prayers + no work = worry-less."
I am currently jobless and I really love what God is doing in my life nowadays and how He is increasing my faith and continually giving me a new kind of peace each new day. However, I must admit that I am bothered that my mother isn't at peace. I can't blame her. Like me, she's a work in progress and still in the process of establishing an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ. It hurts me big time that she's blaming me for her dwindling faith. Yaiks. I must do something A.S.A.P.

It's not that I am not doing anything. I am reminded by the apostle Paul's exhortation that he wasn't a burden to anyone; that "if a man shall not work, he shall not eat." It just goes to show that each of us should really be able to support ourselves and our closest relatives.

I cannot turn my back on my own flesh and blood and that's something that I really cannot and won't ever do. However, it pains me knowing that I am accused of being "all prayer and no work." Well, literally, I have no work these days. But I am not just sitting around, doing nothing. I am actually helping out.

I am not writing this to defend myself, I'm just saying.. that.. yeah, I know, I need some work soon.

God is fixing it. I know He has a plan and for now my work really is to place my full trust and confidence in Him as I submit my applications.

"2-3And then God answered: "Write this. Write what you see. Write it out in big block letters so that it can be read on the run. This vision-message is a witness pointing to what's coming. It aches for the coming—it can hardly wait! And it doesn't lie. If it seems slow in coming, wait. It's on its way. It will come right on time.
4"Look at that man, bloated by self-importance — full of himself but soul-empty. But the person in right standing before God through loyal and steady believing is fully alive, really alive." - Habakkuk 2:2-4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback but NO SPAM please. Thanks for core-relating! :)

my archives..