20060913

On A High with JC's Sweet Love

CORE-RELATE!

"To believe in God for me is to feel that there is a God, not a dead one, or a stuffed one, but a living one, who with irresistible force urges us towards more loving." - Vincent van Gogh

Love, love, love. Who doesn't want it? Even the devil wants it -- badly (in the ugliest sense of the word). The devil is very clever, he could make us believe that what we have is love -- even when, in all aspects, we're just coveting, craving, lusting and treading in the bad -- make that wrong -- direction.

I used to think my 5-year relationship was love in all its against-all-odds, passionate kiss-and-make-up-splendor. After the break-up two years ago, I've learned there is no such thing as "a wrong kind of love." Either you're in love or not, and that's just that.

So how do we know if it's TRUE LOVE?

For starters, there's John 3:16 which speaks of God's love for us.

Sometimes, when faced with difficulties and seemingly endless problems to be solved, we dare question whether God really loves us and in the process we fail to see -- and understand -- the significance of the Cross. Who on earth would give up his child as ransom for someone else's crime? In one time or another, we may even have asked, "Where's the logic in that?"

God has His reasons, God has His plans and we can never ever fully grasp His wisdom. As Gandhi has so aptly put it: "No one has the capacity to judge God. We are drops in that limitless ocean of mercy." God sent His ONLY son, Jesus Christ (JC), as ransom for our crimes of selfishness, lust, envy, materialism, greed, sloth, dishonesty, murder, et cetera, simply because HE LOOOOVES us! Be that as it may, JC was crucified, rose after three days, and lived to reign with His Father, The King of all Kings. JC lives! He is very much alive today that anytime we feel like asking Him, He would gladly accompany us in our journey towards our reunion with The Father.

"Reunion" here, by the way, is not death which so many of us wouldn't want to happen -- at least not now, right? Relax. The reunion I'm referring to here is a "charmed" life in God's loving hands. There is LIFE in God's love, if only we ask JC to be our guide, if only we ask JC to help us through. The bridge to a healthy, loving relationship with Our Father may be in the so-called "road less-travelled" but I'm telling you, it's worth all the pain. I am reminded of an SMS I've received just this morning : "In dis lyf, 8s hard 2 find a relationshp which wudn't hurt u. So go 4 d 1 w/c makes all the pain worth it."

Since the day I've rededicated my life to be JC's girl, life just didn't become all peace and sweetness and charm in one night, nope! I still struggle everyday. But everytime I turn out the lights before I sleep, I know loving Him is all worth it. Because I know, I BELIEVE, that as I grow in my relationship with Him, everything will just eventually turn out to be one of the sweetest stories ever to be told. JC HAS MADE ME WHOLE...AGAIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback but NO SPAM please. Thanks for core-relating! :)

my archives..