20101124

"ON VACATION"

CORE-RELATE!
Who doesn't get angry?

I'm a pent-up volcano releasing steam every so often these days. Wanting to control my calls is getting much harder to handle and I couldn't really understand why I get 'defeated' each time.

Perhaps if I've shouted expletives the people around me would've understood - that's actually the norm - but I just tend to groan and release a "GRRRRR" and I believe the latest "GRRR," coupled with "Ayoko na!" (I don't want it anymore) threw some of my seatmates off their seats.

I have to do something about my anger.

But on second thought, maybe I better not. Perhaps there is really nothing I should do about it because the more I try to control it, the more it consumes me.

Yeah, maybe that's the key. Surrender. The next time I get angry, I'll just utter: i am on vacation, Lord; work on this while i just relax as you pull my (heart)strings.

2 Corinthians 12:9 (The Message)

7-10Because of the extravagance of those revelations, and so I wouldn't get a big head, I was given the gift of a handicap to keep me in constant touch with my limitations. Satan's angel did his best to get me down; what he in fact did was push me to my knees. No danger then of walking around high and mighty! At first I didn't think of it as a gift, and begged God to remove it. Three times I did that, and then he told me,

My grace is enough; it's all you need.
My strength comes into its own in your weakness.
Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen. I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift. It was a case of Christ's strength moving in on my weakness. Now I take limitations in stride, and with good cheer, these limitations that cut me down to size—abuse, accidents, opposition, bad breaks. I just let Christ take over! And so the weaker I get, the stronger I become.


take a break, ancöre!. it's all in your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback but NO SPAM please. Thanks for core-relating! :)

my archives..