20090103

press on further..

CORE-RELATE!

Happy new year!

When I first keyed in the words "core-relate" not so long ago (nostalgia seeps in), my objective was simple enough: to be able to relate from my core, that is, my life, my heart, my 'feeble' brain. Akin to a 'chicken-and-egg' question, my nickname "ancore!" came before it was even clear to me what relating from my core entailed.

I don't want to be labeled narcissistic so I'll try not to dwell so much on the history of my name. The 'Boston Legal' DVD is currently on as I'm blogging this (my sister's watching) and I've just overheard something like "just answer truthfully but do not volunteer information..." In this case, I submit to you - though I'm not answering questions - it is in all honesty that I am volunteering information on myself. I could lie, make up a story, but will that do me any good?

Where was I? Ah, yes. Look up "core" in Wiktionary and you'll see words like 'assemblage,' 'heart,' 'center,' essence,' 'processor,' along many others. Primarily, I really just wanted to be able to relate, empathize, with my readers by sharing nuggets of my life (funny, romantic, inspiring, chaotic, melancholic) and the lessons I get from them.

I've always wanted to be a writer but my 'professional' background doesn't hold much water in qualifying for any writing position. In fact, I was even given a "You are NOT YET fit for the position" letter when I applied for a full-time job as copy editor. I was curious why they used "not yet" instead of the usual "not fit" but I didn't bother that much about the rejection. I took it rather positively and it haven't caused a dent on my desire to write.

I even received 'rejection' from my own mother who asked me quite sarcastically one night while I was 'laptopping' in my bed, "What are you going to do? Are you going to be a writer?" to which my reply was an almost curt "Why not?" Speaking of water, that is water under the bridge now and I must say, my mother's question didn't douse my fire to write.

I also got some sort of 'negative' feedback from some well-meaning friends and it made me rethink my writing style but... I am really just bent on writing things pretty much in the same way that I speak. I must admit, however, that I personally think my thoughts are more coherent when I use my fingers than when I use my mouth. Haha!

I've tinkered with the keyboard for far too long now and I'm still dreaming of having my writings published and read someday -- maybe in the form of a tiny compilation, a coffee table book, or... well... only God knows what. If He wills it so, it will be done. If not, I still consider it a great privilege to be able to blog as freely as I could.

So from my core, I would like share this one out loud: "I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:13-14

I hope I've communicated something. :')

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback but NO SPAM please. Thanks for core-relating! :)

my archives..