20071020

NU-Joy!

Initially, the band was named 'N-Joy' but Wendell, our leader, discovered that it was the name of a dance group something-something in Czechoslovakia. So he changed it to NU-Joy (which kinda reminds me of a cosmetics line). Suffice it to say, both N-Joy and NU-Joy (or even NU-Skin) embody newness. And core-relating it to the Christian's spiritual walk, I must say that it bespeaks of the joy that we gained the very first time we encountered Christ in our lives; the joy that we gained when we re-committed or re-dedicated our lives to Him; the joy that we gain everytime we serve Him wholeheartedly, knowing fully well that it is only when we let ourselves be stripped to the barest minimum that He can fully use us in whatever way He sees fit for His name to be glorified.

I have no formal training in voice nor music and there were times when I felt that perhaps it's 'premature' to be up there on stage with the band when there are other Christians in CCF who are more spiritually mature and more talented and equipped in that area of giftedness. I had my fears, I had my own "What ifs" and "I am not worthy" moments but through prayer and the encouragement of my Christian friends, it dawned on me once again that "There is no turning back." When I got hold of the shaker, the tambourine and the microphone, I knew it wasn't me anymore but the power of the Holy Spirit moving me to make a joyful noise and sing. It isn't about me nor the band but all about God and I knew - I KNOW - and I am convinced, that it is my heaven-bound duty to fulfill His call to be committed in the mission He has set before me by using the gifts He has given me.

Perhaps you might agree with me in saying, "There is no such thing as a shy Christian"? that we cultivate not self-confidence but God-confidence, knowing fully well that there is new joy to be found, waking up to a new day, each day, serving Him and walking with Him.

 "21 Yet this I call to mind
       and therefore I have hope:

 22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
       for his compassions never fail.

 23 They are new every morning;
       great is Your faithfulness." - Lamentations 3:21-23

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback but NO SPAM please. Thanks for core-relating! :)

my archives..